Day 2 was about prototyping. There were exciting brainstorming sessions and discussions to design interventions for the problem statements identified by each of the teams. The teams produced different prototypes that modeled their intervention, which included a booklet, videos, and visualizations.
The design interventions the teams came up included:
- An institutional framework to provide micro-entrepreneurs with timely credit after a natural disaster
- An activity module for students that would spark discussions on gender perceptions
- A handout ‘Leave to Stay’ on easy-to-implement policies to make an organization gender inclusive
- A reframing of the craftspersons and artisans so that they are seen as a champion of sustainability — and how the Indian craftspersons and artisans can provide an alternative way of conceptualizing sustainability in India.
- A competition — ‘Attack the Pack’ to spark research and innovation in designing ecologically safe and economically viable packing materials and waste management processes for FMCG companies
The two-day high energy jam then ended with the participants demonstrating their prototypes, and thought-provoking discussions on what support these interventions needed to move from a prototype stage to a fully developed product stage.